Informed Comment

Thoughts on the Middle East, History, and Religion

Juan Cole is President of the Global Americana Institute

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Terrorist atttacks in Mumbai

Coordinated attacks have been launched in Mumbai (Bombay) on tourist hotels and sites, leaving over a dozen dead. Some of the attacks were with machine guns, others with bombs. Two of the terrorists are said still to be holed up in a tourist hotel and under siege by Indian police. No word yet of the group behind this bold, coordinated attack, which is still going on.

2 Comments:

At 3:31 PM, Blogger possum said...

First, I want to say how much I appreciate your blog. I lived in the Middle East as a teenager for several years, most of them in Turkey, and it is great to find NEWS that sounds like the truth and not the crap we are fed in the USA that is called news.
My friends and family over there have been hesitant to openly discuss things for fear I might get in trouble! Bless their hearts! So, it may be that many more than I depend on people like you to tell us what is going on. (I hope you are not the only one!!!)
A question, however - what is your source for the opening paragraph in the previous posting that no one was killed in Oct???? Did I read that wrong? I keep a running tally in the heading of my Sunday newsletter each week and have since the war started and use anti-war.com as my source. According to anti-war, 22 Americans were killed in Oct. ANd yes, I have also heard that they were told to keep from engaging in anything where there might be casualties... like the price of gas goes down just before each election - the usual crap to make the ignorant think all is well...
Again, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making me feel like I am getting news from "home." I frequently include links to your blog in my letters.

 
At 8:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ICasualties.org does a great job of tracking casualties in Iraq (and Afghanistan)... they registered 14 US deaths in Iraq during October.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home